The course provides the fundamental concepts and methods related to the performance of concrete. The course covers topics from materials (aggregates, cement, fly ash, slag, etc.) water cement ratio, production equipment, transportation, placing, curing, finishing, curing and protecting fresh mix. The course brings together diverse information related to concrete on-site, quality control and safety.
This course is designed to provide contractors with practical knowledge and a broad understanding of the overall concrete production, placing and finishing, the following Major Component Area will be covered.
- COMPONENTS OF CONCRETE MIXTURE (1 hour)
- ELEMENTS OF CONCRETE PRODUCTION AND TRANSPORTATION (1 hours)
- FUNDAMENTALS OF QUALITY CONCRETE, PLACING AND FINISHING METHODS (3 hrs)
- MIAMI DADE COUNTY AND FDOT CONSTRUCTION STANDARDS (1 Hour)
- CURING AND PROTECTION (1 Hour)
- CONCRETE SURFACE DEFECTS (1 Hour)